Skip to main content

My Learning Style



Visuals 



I have at least four learning styles, I learn visually, auditory, hands-on and I am introverted.  I like

 to read materials over if I don't comprehend them, and I will also look at videos that help me

learn. There are times that I have to look at different videos to understand content and it is satisfying

when I find the right professor who explains materials in an understandable way. The content on

 the video, the way the instructor explains, and whether the student captures content, varies

individually. When visuals are not enough, I have to do it or practice it by hand.  For example, in

one of my anatomy classes, The pictures on the book on skin cells,  and different types of tissues

were not clear enough,  I had to see it through a real microscope. I also had asked the professor what

 I was looking at?  The cells were different and I wanted to know the difference between them and

how to distinguish the nucleus in each of the cells.  I can also say that I study better when alone; I

can not concentrate when people study in groups because there is always the person who starts

talking and not really studying. Time is very precious when there are midterms or finals.


I really do like the idea of the flipped classroom. I remember an instructor using screencasting

which seems very familiar with this application. As a student, I was able to look and rewind the

video for better understanding and it work well with my learning style, because not only was I able

to hear the professor at my own pace, but he also had a lot of visuals to help comprehension. I

would definitely use Flipped Classroom as I believe it is beneficial to students, and I would use it as

a part-time tool because I also like to teach in person, so I would not like that to be taken away :)

Related imageImage result for skin cells labeling


Image result for skin cells labeling








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think having some kind of positive experience notebook is a great way of creating positive experiences everyday. In order to look at life in positive ways, one should remember even the smallest of positives through out the day because life is not all good or bad, there is always a gray area. Like the yin and the yang . When life seems all dark, there is always something positive in it and when there is all positivity, there is always something negative. I really liked on of the activities that Ms. Paczkowski, the special education teacher, posted for her students on twitter.  She had her students write the name of another student or pick the name of another student and write why they are such an awesome person . Hopefully, the teacher gives them a name and not that they have to pick a person because this can skip students. Nice way to create positive feelings and positive experiences for the day and self-esteem.

My We Video

         My We Video  I really enjoyed making the We Video for my Tec Class. I learned a lot about technology and I hope that the schools I work to implement this type of style. I will also keep in touch with tec and explore different education avenues for students. I think knowledgeability in tec is extremely important as this is our new world. Making my video took a while but I got in touch with my creativity. I would leave it alone come back and think about what else to implement, how I was going to make my message stand out the most and look attractive. I had my son involved and he had a  taste of what an actor goes through. At first, he was acting normal when I asked to make a video clip but the moment I had said that I was putting it on youtube, he started to laugh with every take. I had to really act like a director and had many, many takes. I think this project was the most enjoyable throughout my whole schooling. At the moment I have a smile on my face. :)) I always wan